Spring seems to dragging its tail this year and we cannot wait to fire up the grill. To tide us over until warmer weather, here is a quick and easy recipe for farm-fresh salmon BBQ, on a bun.
Green Onions Chimichurri
1 bunch green onions, 5 cloves garlic, 1 small onion, 1 Thai chilli, 1 bunch parsley
- Toss in a food processor and blitz a couple of times to a chunky blend.
1 big fillet of fresh BC Farmed Salmon
- marinated with 1 tablespoon chimichurri. Salt to taste. Set aside
1 cup Root Beer, 1/2 cup ketchup, 3 teaspoons organic brown sugar, 1 teaspoon hot sauce, 1 teaspoon mustard.
- Sear the salmon in olive oil and butter (skin side down), add the remaining ingredients
- Whip the sauce around the cooking salmon, cover and let simmer for 4 to 5 minutes
- Remove the lid, flip and baste the salmon. Switch off the heat and let it rest.
Serve on a fat bakery bun with loads of greens, red onions and cucumber slices and enjoy.
Check out our Recipe section for more Seafood awesomeness.