Since 2011, the Mowi Canada West (MCW) salmon barbeque has cooked up $168,000 of support for local charities on Vancouver Island. They’re now looking forward to booking fundraising events for summer 2019.
MCW is accepting applications from February 1st until March 2nd, 2019 from charities and societies located between the Comox Valley and Port Hardy.
Application deadline is March 2nd, 2019.
To qualify, the following criteria must be met by the applicant:
• Event is within the summer season – April 12 to September 14.
• Must be a registered charity, a society or a sporting association.
• 100% of proceeds must go toward the applicant.
• Event must serve at least 200 people and be open to the public.
• A minimum of 3 applicant members must be on hand to assist from start to finish (setup, cooking, serving, clean up and tear down). Food Safe training is preferred.
• Must serve only fresh Mowi salmon.
• Applicant member to collect and manage monetary donations.
• Event must not have other vendors selling or donating foods, particularly proteins (i.e.: hotdogs, pizza, etc.) that would compete with a salmon fundraiser. An exception may be made for larger events (400+) that require multiple food vendors.
• Additional foods or drinks (water, pop, side salad, etc.) are the responsibility of applicant and must be agreed to by Mowi Canada West.
Mowi Canada West will be pleased to provide the following:
• Salmon barbeque trailer (including transportation to and from event, set up and tear down).
• Salmon (includes cutting and marinade).
• A MCW approved Chef or Food Safe trained MCW employee to manage the preparation o fsalmon and cook MCW’s standard recipe.
• Ingredients to fully prepare a delicious, healthy salmon burger or miso salmon salad, including all condiments. Please note that there is a gluten-friendly option for those who require it.
• Serving supplies for salmon burgers and miso salmon salads.
• Business information
Applications will be accepted until March 2nd, 2019, and will be chosen based on above criteria. We regret that due to the overwhelming interest and time conflicts, MCW will not be able to satisfy all requests. MCW will respond to all applicants via email by March 22nd, 2019.
Mowi’s specially designed salmon barbeque was built in 2010 to support local fundraising initiatives. The ‘grab and go’ trailer is inspected, approved and permitted by the Vancouver Island Health Authority (VIHA) and includes:
- Large cast iron grills
- Two fridges
- Four sinks
- Built in storage cabinets
- 10 x 20 tent cover
- 35 gallons of heated water
- 30 square feet of prep area
- 45 square feet of serving space
- Power choice – wall or generator