Cermaq Canada Job Opportunity
Fish Health Manager, Campbell River, BC
Located along the beautiful coastal waters of Vancouver Island, Cermaq Canada Ltd. is a salmon farming company focused on operational excellence. With our skilled team, we strive for a high quality product achieved through sustainable aquaculture practices. Our award winning safety culture and opportunities to develop and grow within the company makes Cermaq a great place to build a career.
Cermaq Canada is seeking to fill a new permanent full time role of Fish Health Manager to our Campbell River Administration Office.
As a Fish Health Manager you will oversee 7 team members providing leadership, overall management and direction to fish health activities, and implementing strategies in order to maintain an optimal fish health situation that will increase production volume at the lowest cost possible while maximizing its economic return. You will report to the Fish Health Director. Your team consists of Freshwater and Saltwater Technicians as well as a Veterinarian.
- Advises and collaborates with the Fish Health Director on fish health progress and issues formally and informally on a regular basis that reflects accurate and current information including risk assessments
- Directs the implementation of fish health strategies to optimize fish health, quality, production efficiencies, and welfare throughout the life cycle of the salmon
- Implements strategic control measures for specific fish health challenge so that the risk to stock is reduced or eliminated to the stock
- Proactively communicates to management critical environmental and biological information to ensure effective decision making that minimizes risk and expenditures
- Reporting out compliance related to fish health according to condition of licenses
Your Position Requirements:
- Preferred Doctorate in Veterinary Medicine (DVM) that can be licensed in BC or related Science degree with over 5 years of experience in fish health for salmon production
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a management role in the aquaculture industry
- Prior experience working with strategic health targets or objectives related to sustainability
- Proven interpersonal and communications skills that drives results
- A safety-orientated mindset with proven teamwork and interpersonal communication skills
- The ability to gain a solid understanding of Cermaq Canada’s policies and procedures
- Capable of regional, national and some international travel by boat, plane, and vehicle
- A competitive salary and a corporate bonus program.
- Company paid benefits including Extended Health Care, BC Medical Services Plan, Dental and Vison Care, AD&D Insurance. Matching RRSP’s.
If you feel that you could contribute your qualifications to fill this important role within our company, please forward your resume and cover letter in person, by fax, or by e-mail, stating “Fish Health Manager” in the subject line by Friday, August 31, 2018 to: Office: 203-919 Island Highway, Campbell River | Fax: 250-286-0042 | E-mail: email@example.com
Cermaq Canada is an equal opportunities employer who provides a workplace that is free of discrimination.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.