Saltwater Production – Assistant Site Manager – Tofino
Located along the beautiful coastal waters of Vancouver Island, Cermaq Canada Ltd. is a salmon farming company focused on operational excellence. With our skilled team, we strive for a high-quality product achieved through sustainable aquaculture practices. Our award-winning safety culture and opportunities to develop and grow within the company makes Cermaq a great place to build a career.
Cermaq Canada is seeking to fill a new permanent full-time role of Saltwater Assistant Site Manager to our West Coast Operations located in Tofino, BC.
As an Assistant Site Manager, you will support your Site Manager in leading a team of technicians through all sea-site activities at your sea farm. Your objective will be to optimize production while maintaining Operational standards and excellent fish health.
- Under the direction of management, make adjustments to the production schedule as needed to maximize productivity.
- Implement, monitor, and report on programs that improve the health and safety of the work team and of the salmon, with the goal of meeting and exceeding regulatory compliance.
- Proven interpersonal and communications skills that drives results
- The ability to gain a solid understanding of Cermaq Canada’s policies and procedures
- One or more complete cycles of fish production including smolt entry, bloom season, and harvest.
- A safety-orientated mindset with proven teamwork and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven problem-solving skills, the ability to troubleshoot and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective leadership and time-management skills
- This position operates on a camp-based schedule, operating 8 days on and 6 days off.
- Preference will be given to those with Aquaculture experience.
- Prerequisites include a physical fitness test and an online Criminal Records Check.
- A competitive salary and a corporate bonus program.
- Company paid benefits including Extended Health Care, BC Medical Services Plan, Dental and Vision Care, AD&D Insurance. Matching RRSP’s.
If you feel that you could contribute your qualifications to fill this important role within our company, please forward your resume and cover letter in person, by fax, or by e-mail, stating “Assistant Site Manager” in the subject line by Friday, September 6, 2019 to: Office: 203-919 Island Highway, Campbell River | Fax: 250-286-0042 | E-mail: email@example.com
Cermaq Canada is an equal opportunities employer who provides a workplace that is free of discrimination.
Cermaq Canada has a progressive view of reconciliation with Indigenous peoples. Although wholly committed to hire the best candidate available, we strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples for this role.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.